Thursday, March 13, 2014

Fiction Packet. 3?

Well I am out of ideas. At this point I don't know what else I can say about fiction. Each piece is a different story, from a different perspective, with a different outlook. To each their own, classifying fiction to specifics detracts from the original creative purpose. It is like trying to explain to a blind (biologically, from birth) person what a color looks like, describing an abstract concept with abstract terminology keeps it coherent but loses ability in making those not in the know understand.

So far the stories have been about two to three pages each in this packet and they all bore me. I find no connection to any of these characters, though some stories carry a good message, and they lack any significant room to improve or develop. To be brutally honest, if I wanted to read a compilation of stories like this I would have read lesser mythologies or other supernatural stories. Those actually are something I find interesting.

Well if I have to talk about the packet I might as well mention the first two stories, aka the ones I had read before my interest waned. I liked how in the first story the two brothers were portrayed as being deviants, doing what everyone else did not. I feel it helped shed a subtle light on the joy of freedom and individuality. It also struck a chord with me and made me remember my childhood with my brother; Twins- can't separate them. As far as the second story, If one does not think almost entirely in metaphors then this story can come across a little... Weird... I'm done here, I just seem to lack a substantial amount of meat in this weeks response material.

"Imagination and fiction make up more than three quarters of our real life." - Simone Weil

No comments:

Post a Comment